We are looking for a Conductor for the Lebanon Community Chorus, Linn County, OR.
The Lebanon Community Chorus is a nonprofit organization focused on providing musical excellence to the area of Lebanon, OR, and beyond, through choral music.
The Lebanon Community Chorus has a strong musical support structure for the Director and singers. Section leaders are under the direction of the Director to support the Director in artistic vision, musical support, and logistical assistance. Section leaders meet outside of the regular Thursday rehearsals.
Singers of the Lebanon Community Chorus receive a digital practice track or CD to assist in their personal practice.
The Lebanon Community Chorus is gifted with a talented and trained pianist (Masters Degree in Piano Performance).
This organization is currently seeking a talented and experienced conductor for one or more seasons for part-time employment.
Payment for this position begins at $600 per season.
- Create Rehearsal Plans
Select Music for assigned season of conducting for a 1-hour performance
- Teach selections to the chorus members during rehearsals
- Help plan and execute performance(s)
Attendance at rehearsals on Thursdays from 7PM to 9:30PM from September through December
- Attend Board of Directors Meetings once a month
- Experience in Choral Music Conducting (formal education or experience based)
- Excellent aural skills and ability to effectively assess performances
- Good communication skills (ability to teach and correct without disheartening or degrading)
- Ability to effectively provide feedback in rehearsals to singers and musicians
- Exposure and familiarity with Handel's Messiah: Part 1
- Experience with performing or conducting Classical music
Experience with performing or conducting part or the entirety of Handel's Messiah: Part 1
- Experience conducting a string quartet
If you're interested, please fill out the application, which is a Google form so you need to log in with a Google account. The form cannot be downloaded. If you don't have a Google account and want to apply, please contact us.